Hello I was wondering I have a TL-WN727N usb which I use to connect wirelessly to internet. I was looking into Backtrack, Kali and CommView in which one of the requirements for collecting packets is to have an adequate wireless card/usb. In my research I came across this.
Sony UWA-BR100, TP-Link WN721N, WN722N, WN821N v.3, and WN822N v.2 Adapters
Supported only under Windows 7 or higher.
Packet injection using Packet Generator is limited to only one send rate, 1 Mbps.
Packet injection using Packet Generator may generate duplicate packets.
TP-Link WN721N and WN722N are single-stream 802.11n cards; """"they cannot be used to capture packets from dual-stream (300 Mbps) 802.11n hardware."""
Now before I download Backtrack or Kali which I learned are very effective tools I wanted to make sure that my if my usb meets the requirement?
P.S which video/thread would you recommend I use as a tutorial
Thanks
Sony UWA-BR100, TP-Link WN721N, WN722N, WN821N v.3, and WN822N v.2 Adapters
Supported only under Windows 7 or higher.
Packet injection using Packet Generator is limited to only one send rate, 1 Mbps.
Packet injection using Packet Generator may generate duplicate packets.
TP-Link WN721N and WN722N are single-stream 802.11n cards; """"they cannot be used to capture packets from dual-stream (300 Mbps) 802.11n hardware."""
Now before I download Backtrack or Kali which I learned are very effective tools I wanted to make sure that my if my usb meets the requirement?
P.S which video/thread would you recommend I use as a tutorial
Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment