Sunday, January 5, 2014

Backplate Trouble

So, I purchased a pre-owned Antec Kuhler H2O 620 to use with my ASRock Extreme3 970 motherboard and overclocked six-core AMD FX-6100. My problem is, that it seems it did not come with an AM3+ backplate.



The bracket seems to be a square, and does not fit into my rectangular AM3+ socket. It has come to my attention that I am missing the backplate which should serve as a adapter of sorts to allow the cooler to fit properly.



Now, at first this didn't seem like a big deal, the backplate being a cheap piece of plastic, but I have have since realized that virtually no-one (or no-one I could find) sells this backplate individually.



And so, I have come to you, members of Hack Forums, praying that you shall be my salvation. Does anyone know where I can buy a backplate that will allow the Kuhler to fit into my AM3+ socket? It doesn't really have to be the stock piece, I just want something that works.



As always, thanks in advance my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment